Tax documents: For all tax receipts, see mailing schedule.
Tax-Free eSavings Account
What is a TFSA?
A Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA) is a registered investment account, available to Canadians 18 years and over, that lets your earnings grow tax free. Unlike an RRSP, contributions are not tax deductible, meaning you don’t pay any tax on withdrawals.
No Monthly Account Fees
- High interest rate on every dollar.
- Award-winning Tax Free eSavings Account.
- Conveniently transfer funds through online and mobile banking
- Learn more about your TFSA options with Alterna Bank.
No Minimum Balance
- No minimum balance required.
- Safe and secure – eligible deposits are insured up to the maximum amount through the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC)
We make banking easy, accessible, and secure - wherever you are.
Bank 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Pay your bills online and skip that trip to a mailbox or bank branch.
Get the full experience of online banking plus more. Whether you're checking your balances or depositing your cheques easily with Deposit Anywhere™, do it all within your fingertips.
At Alterna, our members always come first. We’ve always believed that being upfront and honest is the most respectful way to provide important information. That’s why everything you need to know about our current service fees and account features can be found here:
Get your bank accounts talking to each other with a few clicks.
Available with your Alterna Bank account, External Account Transfer is a free feature that lets you link all your accounts from different financial institutions so you can transfer funds with ease.
- Transfer funds to and from your account to another financial institution
- Fund new accounts from your external account if other financial institutions support it
Setting up is easy! Find out more on External Account Transfer.
*Interest rate is annualized and subject to change without notice. Interest is calculated daily on the closing balance and paid monthly. TFSA eSavings Accounts and rates are only available for purchase online. Due to local and proxy caching on the Internet, please ensure that you are viewing rates as at the current day's date.
Maximum balance per customer is $250,000 (plus accrued interest).
Click here for our FAQs on Account Limits.
We are here for you.
Welcome to client centered banking and award-winning service, products and total transparency that truly puts the good in banking.
Stay in touch. Be the first to know about news, promotions and announcements. Signup Now!