Legal & Regulatory
Voluntary Codes of Conduct and Public Commitments
To help ensure that your consumer rights are protected as an Alterna Bank Client, we have adopted several Voluntary Codes of Conduct and Public Commitments. The following guidelines outline the high standards and level of service you can expect when you bank with us.
- Code of Conduct for the Delivery of Banking Services to Seniors
- Code of Conduct for the Credit and Debit Card Industry in Canada
- Commitment to Provide Information on Mortgage Security
- Commitment on Powers of Attorney and Joint Deposit Accounts
- Commitment on the Expansion of Low-cost and No-Cost Bank Accounts
- Commitment on Modification or Replacement of Existing Products or Services
- Code of Conduct for Federally Regulated Financial Institutions Mortgage Prepayment Information
- Online Payments
- Canadian Code of Practice for Consumer Debit Card Services
- Guidelines for Transfers of Registered Plans
- CBA Code of Conduct for Authorized Insurance Activities
- Principles of Consumer Protection for Electronic Commerce
- Model Code of Conduct for Bank Relations with Small and Medium Sized Businesses
- Plain Language Mortgage Documents — CBA Commitment
The Financial Consumer Agency of Canada ("FCAC") oversees adherence to these Voluntary Codes and Public Commitments. You may contact the FCAC in writing at:
Financial Consumer Agency of Canada
427 Laurier Ave. West, 6th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1R 1B9
Information about the FCAC and its role and about consumer protection laws and regulations, is available at www.fcac-acfc.gc.ca.
FCAC services in English 1-866-461-FCAC (3222)
FCAC services in French 1-866-461-ACFC (2232)
For calls from the Ottawa area or from outside Canada: 613-960-4666
We are here for you.
Welcome to client centered banking and award-winning service, products and total transparency that truly puts the good in banking.
Stay in touch. Be the first to know about news, promotions and announcements. Signup Now!